Sunday

30 degrees in krakow


Don't come here. It's too hot. There is no where to swim. It's killing me. I am currently sitting on a 'permanent restaurant boat' in the Wisła river having lunch with Sally and a few cheeky apple beers. We're both suffocating.

First, they sat us in the sun. Not Cool. Then they found us a table in the shade and its amazing how our attitudes about the staff changed. Before it was "no tip for her!" (To quote Sally) and now it's "oh she's lovely, I bet the food will be nice". 

We just came back from Gdañsk yesterday. I wish we could have stayed there forever. All round we had such a good day. It was the first time I'd swam at the beach since leaving Australia 5 months ago so it's safe to say- Tara was a VERY happy girl this day. 

But krakow has nowhere to swim. Ah well. Better appreciate it because I bet somewhere in the world it's raining and cold (ie Tasmania. He he he ) 

Rachael Reid comes tomorrow. Sally, Rachael and I are all going to go out together for tea tomorrow night with all te people from the dormitories as kind of a leaving dinner. Those who have visited me will know Pod Wawelem ;) 

Also, the thing I love about krakow ( or cities in general because this probably happens everywhere) is the random-ness. This morning when we got to the station,  the square was just full of bikes. And then they all rode around the city, blocking all the trams, buses and roads. And conveniently blocking our way to Wawel castle so we walked. Which was nice. But hot.

Oh and we photobombed a polish TV news interview. So everyone at home, look out for that on your 6pm polish news. 

No comments:

Post a Comment